Are you an Accounting Associate who has strong basic math skills? Are you an Accounting Associate who is looking for an opportunity in the Sherwood area?
Our client specializes in taking caring of the needs of the community.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As an Accounting Associate, you will be conducting accounting/budgeting functions and maintaining asset/depreciation schedules.
- Tax collection and calculation
- Investment oversight
- Records management
- Election administration – including election workers training
- Attend village and commission meetings producing minutes for the permanent record (evenings)
- Approve licenses and general permits, solicit fees and billing oversight
- Coordinate information and records for audits and long-term retention
- Maintain and develop fiscal record systems and reports
- Give input to the community newsletter
- Answer telephone and route calls appropriately
- Become a notary public
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have well rounded financial experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, taxes, etc.
- Experience working with GAAP is preferred
- Knowledge of government operations is also preferred
- A degree in Accounting is highly preferred
- Basic/intermediate skillset in MSWD and Excel
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and good problem solver
- Must have solid math skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Team player and flexible to assist however as needed
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm (must be open to attending meetings a few evenings a month), contact us for details
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Accounting Associate position: Based on experience, contact us for details
Location: Sherwood, WI
Job I.D. 136268
WHAT YOU GET:
- Relaxed working environment
- Nice and pleasant community
- Benefits offered
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.