Are you a Medical Records / Office Assistant who has excellent customer service skills? Are you a Medical Records / Office Assistant who is looking for an opportunity within a family-oriented company?
Our client is dedicated to providing quality patient care. They are a family-focused company that truly appreciates their staff.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Medical Records / Office Assistant, you will be maintaining and processing medical records of patients and managing the worker’s compensation experience.
- Process medical records requests and forms from insurance companies, attorneys, patients, physicians, and therapists
- Provide insurance and claim information to physician, patients, and workers compensation carriers
- Process workers compensation forms
- Verify authorization if needed
- Charge entry for disability forms and medical records processing
- Charge entry for medical records requests
- Handle incoming calls from insurance companies, attorneys, patients, doctor and therapy offices
- Operate computer to process, store, and retrieve health information
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have 1+ years of working in a fast-paced office setting, preferably in a medical records/health information technology role
- Experience working within the medical/health care industry is highly preferred
- Basic medical terminology and general anatomy knowledge is preferred
- Education beyond high school is highly preferred
- Computer savvy with the ability to learn new software quickly
- Basic skillset in MSWD and Excel
- Friendly and outgoing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to stay calm under high stress/pressure in a very fast-paced environment
- Must be a quick learner and take the initiative to ask for more to do when needed
- Excellent phone voice/etiquette and communication skills
- Strong work ethic
WHAT YOU GET:
- Family-focused company
- Company that provides exceptional customer service and quality care
- The owners truly appreciate their staff and provide many benefits for them
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Profit sharing
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Medical Records / Office Assistant position: $15.00 – $16.00 / hr. – based on experience
Location: Appleton, WI – THIS POSITION MUST WORK IN THE OFFICE
Job ID: 136996
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.