Are you a Retail Accounting Specialist who has strong Excel skills? Are you a Retail Accounting Specialist who is looking to work for a well-established company?
Our client has been in business for over 100 years and is one of the largest companies in their industry. They are committed to delivering innovative products and strive to provide a great working environment for their employees.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Retail Accounting Specialist, you will audit the retail stores, audit the daily transactions of retail support and support sales audits.
- Work with stores to resolve discrepancies with transactions
- Reconcile the retail bank accounts and monitor the stores daily deposits
- Prepare month end cash and other retail related journal entries for the general ledger
- Reconcile retail balance sheet accounts, such as cash receipts and retail liabilities
- Create and post journal entries, prepare account reconciliations, and reconcile bank statements on designated accounts
- Handle other projects and tasks as necessary
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 – 2 years accounting experience or corporate retail experience is preferred
- Would consider administrative, customer service or heavy data entry experience with strong analytical skills
- Must have some experience working in an office
- Must like to work with numbers
- Bachelor’s degree in business with major in accounting or finance is preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Computer savvy with the ability to toggle between multiple screens on the computer
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to jump into a fast paced environment and learn and retain information quickly
- Must be able to multi-task and have the ability to work under pressure
- Strong written and oral communication skills
WHAT YOU GET:
- Clean and open environment
- Casual dress code
- Health insurance
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Pay for the Retail Accounting Specialist position: $15.00 – $18.00 / hr. – based on experience
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 137360
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.