Are you a Payroll / Accounting Assistant who is looking for an opportunity to work independently and as a team? Are you a Payroll / Accounting Assistant who has the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time?
Our client is a financial services firm in the Madison area.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Payroll / Accounting Assistant, you will process payroll using Dynamics GP software for several clients.
- Print payroll checks and prepare ACH disbursements for direct deposits
- Maintain employee garnishments and child support records and remit payments to proper garnishment authorities
- Complete, review and remit all payroll tax payments and prepare all required quarterly payroll tax reports
- Keep all employee payroll records up-to-date and file all payroll related reports in GoFileRoom
- Assist in preparing payroll information for issuance of annual w-2’s and assist clients with any needed wage statements or reports requested
- Assist clients with bookkeeping
- Eventually with process individual and business tax returns during tax season
- Assist with any other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 year of payroll experience and some general accounting experience
- Will consider a recent graduate
- Experience processing multi-state payroll is a huge plus
- Experience working in an accounting firm is a huge plus
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Accounting or related field is a plus
- Basic MSWD and intermediate Excel skills
- Experience working with Dynamics GP, GoFileRoom or Greenshades is a plus
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and take personal responsibility for assigned duties
- Ability to multi-task and manage workload of multiple clients concurrently and to shift tasks on a regular basis
- Must display active listening
- Must remain flexible and adaptable to ever changing priorities and assignments
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Flexible year round to work extra hours as needed to address client needs
- Willing to help out wherever needed
- Must maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Ability to contribute ideas to improve the process of the firm’s workflow
- Must understand job expectations and take action without being prompted
WHAT YOU GET:
- Casual dress Fridays
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- Flex spending
Hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Payroll / Accounting Assistant position: $18.00 – $23.00 / hr. – based on experience
Location: Madison, WI
Job ID: 137366
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.