Are you an Accounting Assistant who is looking for a position that offers variety? Are you an Accounting Assistant who has strong problem solving and decision making skills?
Our client oversees restaurants and has been family-owned and operated for over 50 years. Along with a great benefits package they are proud to offer their employees free meals during working hours.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As an Accounting Assistant, you will perform accounting and clerical functions for 5 well-known restaurant locations.
- Perform input and maintenance of payroll records for hourly employees
- Review calculations including withholding amounts and transfer hours through an automated system
- Complete employee verification requests
- Prepare uniform and orientation information for new employees
- Review invoices for restaurant expenses and perform data entry of invoices into the system
- Gather and analyze information for month-end journal entries
- Generate monthly balance sheet and profit/loss reports for each location
- Review financials
- Communicate with restaurant managers answering questions about reports
- Balance bank activity recorded by restaurants
- Follow-up on outstanding items and process cashless transactions
- Create signs for use in kitchens, crew rooms and lobby
- Prepare packets for month-end, orientations, new hires, insurance, etc.
- Assist with answering phones, administer donation requests, perform data entry for projections
- Answer questions about personnel issues
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have experience/knowledge with financial statements, profit and losses, balance sheets and general ledgers
- Someone with a well-rounded accounting background that includes payroll, accounts payable, financial statements and bank reconciliations is highly preferred
- Any human resources related experience is a plus
- Associate degree in Accounting is preferred
- Basic skillset in MSWD and Excel
- Any Publisher knowledge/experience is a plus
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Career-driven, team player and strong work ethic
WHAT YOU GET:
- Variety in your day
- Great company longevity
- Restaurant discounts
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401 (k) with company match
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Accounting Assistant position: $30,000.00 – $35,000.00 / yr. – based on experience
Location: Neenah, WI
Job ID: 137696
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.