Are you an Accounts Payable Specialist who has strong multitasking and prioritizing skills? Are you an Accounts Payable Specialist who is looking for a direct hire opportunity?
Our client is a financial services firm in the Madison area.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be providing clerical and data entry support to the accounts payable obligations of the clients.
- Code client invoices with proper general ledger codes, batch invoices and enter invoices into accounts payable software for payment
- Review and verify the accuracy of other accounts payable batches for release and posting into the accounts payable ledger
- Enter new vendor information into the accounts payable system and collect W-9 information from vendor
- Assist financial group with reconciliation of client accounts payable balances and invoice/payment discrepancies
- Pay vendor invoices, mail checks and remittances and submit documentation for scanning into the DocLink document retention software
- Assist in the preparation of annual 1099 forms
- Perform other accounts payable related special projects and administrative tasks as assigned by management
- Conduct appropriate research to ensure client work is completed
- Assist with any other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have 1-2 years of accounts payable experience or a recent degree with an internship
- Must know accounts payable practices and general office procedures
- Associate or bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Computer savvy with the ability to learn new programs/software quickly
- Basic skillset in MSWD and Excel
- Strong and accurate data entry skills
- Any experience with Acumatica, DocLink and/or Greenshades is a huge plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and take personal responsibility for assigned duties
- Ability to multitask and manage workload of multiple clients concurrently and to shift tasks on a regular basis
- Strong listening skills
- Must remain flexible and adaptable to ever changing priorities and assignments
- Team player and must be willing to help out wherever needed
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Must contribute ideas to improve the process of the firm’s workflow
- Strong work ethic
WHAT YOU GET:
- Casual dress Fridays
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- Flex spending
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, must work Saturday in January, contact us for details
Length: Direct Hire
Pay for the Accounts Payable Specialist position: Based on experience, contact us for details
Location: Madison, WI
Job ID: 139038
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.