Are you an Administrative Clerk who has strong grammar and punctuation skills? Are you an Administrative Clerk who is looking for an opportunity with a variety of duties?
Our client is in the municipalities’ area.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As an Administrative Clerk, you will be responsible for providing clerical support to the Public Works Department and Supervisor.
- Process letters, reports, permits, studies and forms
- Prioritize and process work related to construction/reconstruction projects including bidding documents, corresponding advertisement notices, agenda, change orders, letters, reports, payments, etc.
- Enter information for statistical or financial reports, correspondence, schedules, budgets, statements and other materials
- Track various licensing programs
- Prepare agendas, transcribe minutes and organize the follow up work of notices and correspondence for the improvement & services committees
- Record and file proceedings
- Take and prepare minutes and summaries for bid opening meetings and prepare minutes for pre-construction and other meetings
- Maintain files and prepare correspondence, forms, reports and other materials
- Sort and file materials
- Search for information from various sources
- Update Public Works website, social media and calendars as needed
- Sell and issue various items such as bidding documents, plans, maps, recycling bins, carts, garbage bags, etc.
- Issue receipts and maintain records of the sale items
- Generate invoices for early solid waste/recycling set out collection, bulk collection, snow and ice control, grass and weed control, damaged city property, clean ups, excavation permits, etc.
- Maintain invoice records
- Compile and enter data for requisitions and purchase orders and maintain records of requisitions purchases
- Maintain inventory and keeps records of supplies
- Record, review and maintain records of utility bills, departmental facilities and/or equipment
- Act as Receptionist, assist callers and respond to inquiries as well as assist at the front counter to greet and assist the public
- Organize and process certain postcard surveys
- Any other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1-2+ years of administrative assistant or office assistant experience in a business setting
- Strong spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
- Good alphabetizing skills to file properly
- Basic math skills and numbers ability
- Associate degree in Administrative Assistant or related coursework is a plus
- Computer/tech savvy overall
- MSWD, Excel and Outlook skills
- Professional demeanor and friendly
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Must follow directions well
- Ability to maintain good working relationships
- Very flexible and easy going team player
- Ability to multi-task, switch job duties, prioritize different tasks all coming in at once and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic
WHAT YOU GET:
- Great foot in the door
- This position will look excellent on a resume
- Opportunity to learn new things
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Length: Temporary while Hire
Pay for the Administrative Clerk position: $17.83 / hr.
Location: Green Bay, WI
Job ID: 140209
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.