Are you a Buyer who has buying experience within a manufacturing environment? Are you a Buyer who is looking for an opportunity that offers great benefits?
Our client is an award-winning, technology-driven manufacturing company that works with companies worldwide. They provide their employees with a clean, safe, and modern work environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for purchasing parts and supplies required throughout the manufacturing facility and office areas.
- Negotiate price and order quantities to service the needs of the business at optimum cost, and the use of appropriate purchasing techniques to help optimize lead times and cost
- Enter purchase orders into the business system, contact suppliers to place orders and amend purchase orders as needed
- Check with suppliers to make sure material arrives by required date and expedites as necessary
- Maintain positive supplier relationships
- Resolve all pricing discrepancies between quoted and invoiced prices with suppliers
- Enter and maintain purchased part information
- Return questionable items to supplier, determine reason for return and communicate urgency of receiving replacement items, determine if a part is to be repaired or replaced
- Perform sourcing of new or alternative suppliers for products using various resources
- Monitor back orders through shortage reports and expedites as required
- Assist with resolving issues with inventory when it arrives
- Participate in process improvement and support “lean” activities
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2+ years of buying experience within the manufacturing environment
- Must have a working knowledge of integrated manufacturing process for timely ordering and/or expediting of purchased parts, including understanding forecasts and production plans
- Ability to read blueprints is preferred
- Any international experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field is a huge plus
- Excel skills
- Strong and accurate data entry skills
- Excellent communication and follow up skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to multitask and have a high attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
WHAT YOU GET:
- Wellness incentive plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible hours
- Company that treats their employees like family
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401 (k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Hours: 7:30am – 5:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Buyer position: Based on experience, contact us for details
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 139479
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.