Are you a Buyer who has strong organizational and time-management skills? Are you a Buyer who is looking for an opportunity to get your foot in the door with a global company?
Oshkosh Corporation is a global company and a leader in the manufacturing industry. They are focused on delivering more value for their customers. This client has a long history in our community and is driven to provide excellence and innovation.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Buyer, you will you will process purchase order defers, expedites, cancellations
develop and run reports for orders and past due order management.
- Interface with suppliers on purchasing activity through the supplier portal
- Conduct purchase price analytics and update material cost standards and cost variances in ERP
- Participate in supplier business review meetings to review and improve supplier performances
- Issue materials and service RFQ and conduct initial review of supplier response
- Execute supplier price changes, review price increase threats and support supplier negotiations
- Support supplier readiness for product launches
- Participate on project teams leading supply chain optimization initiatives such as cost reduction and on-boarding suppliers
WHAT YOU NEED:
- An internship or experience working with supply chain, purchasing and or buying (2+ years is required with no degree)
- Purchasing experience within the manufacturing industry is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field is required if you don’t have the experience
- Excel and MSWD skills
- Any experience with PowerPoint and SharePoint is a plus
- Any experience with ERP or SAP is preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
WHAT YOU GET:
- Opportunity to work for an award-winning, global company
- Fortune 500 company
- Company that continually invests in employees through training and education
- Advancement opportunities
- Company that fosters teamwork
- Health insurance
Hours: Full-time hours between 7:00am – 5:00pm
Length: Temporary for a year possibly longer
Pay for the Buyer position: Based on experience, contact us for details
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Job ID: 139615
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.