Are you a Customer Service Housing Counselor who has excellent time-management skills? Are you a Customer Service Housing Counselor who is looking for an opportunity with a non-profit organization?
Our client aims to be a recognized leader in community development. They provide the tools and resources necessary for those considering home ownership.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Customer Service Housing Counselor, you will educate, advise, coach and counsel prospective home buyers and/or those seeking to improve their financial circumstances.
- Educate prospective homebuyers by conducting regular classes for homebuyer education and manage course materials and content to maintain program relevance and compliance with standards
- Counsel existing and prospective homebuyers including meeting in person and by phone for one-on-one or small group counseling on pre and post purchase issues
- Identify and develop new products and services
- Research new and innovative adult education techniques and develop recommendations to present to the team
- Maintain files and records using both electronic databases and hardcopy files to manage client data and compliance information
- Prepare and check reports for errors
- Back up other counselors with financial capabilities, foreclosure mitigation and/or reverse mortgage counseling when needed
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2+ years of counseling or nonprofit affordable housing experience is highly preferred
- Would consider someone with 2+ years of office related experience with experience related to non-profit work, volunteer work, or housing/counseling work
- Would also consider someone that has an interest in what the company does and has a desire to help people
- Ideally a HUD housing counselor (or able to attain the certification within 6 months)
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Strongly prefer experience in banking, real estate or counseling industry
- Must be very comfortable with math
- MSWD and Excel skills
- Computer savvy to learn new software program – Salesforce software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as with the team
- Strong work ethic
- Good time management skills
- Passion for the non-profit sector
WHAT YOU GET:
- Great non-profit organization that helps the community
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement benefits offered
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire or Direct Hire
Pay for the Customer Service Housing Counselor position: Based on experience, contact us for details
Location: Green Bay, WI – THIS POSITION WILL START OUT REMOTE BUT EVENTUALLY WILL GO BACK TO THE OFFICE – MUST LIVE NEAR THE GREEN BAY AREA
Job I.D. 137321
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.