Are you a Customer Service Representative who is looking for an opportunity with a nonprofit organization? Are you a Customer Service Representative who is passionate about helping people?
Our client administers a federally funded low-income assistance program. They offer a variety of specialized services provided locally.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Customer Service Representative, you will receive primarily inbound calls for the program.
- Assess the needs of customers, clarify information and direct requests for additional assistance to appropriate personnel
- Make some outbound calls to schedule appointments and prepare clients for appointments and confirming what to bring
- Verify or assist applicant in assembling verification documents and follow up on incomplete forms
- Review completed forms to ensure all information has been entered and file completed applications
- Determine eligibility and authorize payments
- Answer client and vendor questions regarding program eligibility, benefit levels and form of payment for the rental assistance program
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3-5 years of customer service experience, ideally involving phone work
- Bilingual in Spanish / English or Hmong / English a plus
- Experience dealing with clients in a crisis situation, non-profit or volunteer experience a plus
- MSWD, Excel, data entry, typing and Internet skills
- Compassionate, patient and service oriented
- Strong interest and passion to provide each customer with a high standard of care and attention
- Work well in a busy, often times chaotic environment
- Handle high call volume on a daily basis
- Work with a variety of people
- Deal with difficult or upset customers
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong active listening skills
- Help out wherever needed including other departments and locations
WHAT YOU GET:
- Chance to work for the greater good of people
- Rewarding work that can help save lives
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Hours: 40-45 hours per week 8:00am-8:00pm. Contact us for details.
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Customer Service Representative position: $18.00-$19.00/hr. based on experience
Location: Madison, WI
Job ID: 140930
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.