Are you a Development Director who is passionate about helping people? Are you a Development Director who has excellent writing skills?
Our client offers temporary lodging to people in their time of need in the Fox Valley area.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Development Director, you will be responsible for taking care of all donations from start to finish from businesses and handling the fundraising efforts for the organization.
- Research donor/grant opportunities for organization
- Establish and maintain relationships with all current/potential donors and other funders
- Prepare content for corporate and foundation grant proposals/reports
- Ensure gifts are entered into donor database
- Prepare thank you letters
- Maintain electronic and paper donor records
- Network and engage with other community organizations to increase awareness about mission
- Assist in expanding upon and improving strategies for effecting community engagement
- Identify volunteer opportunities and network to build a volunteer pool
- Establish/maintain effective communication with volunteer/donor pool
- Develop marketing strategy and calendars for the organization
- Develop and design print materials for marketing related to fundraising
- Manage social media networks
- Track metrics for organizations for grant reporting, grant writing and presentations
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have 3 years of donor engagement, grant writing, developing new businesses and/or volunteer coordination
- Strong public relations skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Any non profit experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is a plus
- Must have experience in social media platforms
- Basic skillset in MSWD and Excel
- Self-motivated energetic and professional
- Must be ok engaging with people face to face and talking with them about donations
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be passionate about helping people and what the organization stands for
- Ability to build strong relationships with community members, donors and potential donors
- Must be able to come up with fresh and new ideas on how to get people to engage in there organization
- Must be okay with traveling throughout the fox cities area
- Must have drivers license and proof of insurance
WHAT YOU GET:
- Very flexible with scheduling
- Great supportive environment to work in
- Every day is different in the role
- Health insurance
Hours: 40 hours per week between 7:00am – 5:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Development Director position: $35,000.00 – $40,000.00 / yr. – based on experience
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 137677
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.