Are you a Direct Hire – Buyer with purchasing experience? Are you a Direct Hire – Buyer with strong negotiating skills?
Established in 1939, our client manufactures parts for air treatment and movement systems.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Buyer, you will find ways to improve existing purchasing procedures and build on existing system for monitoring purchase orders.
- Communicate expected arrival dates with order entry and production supervisors
- Track and report purchasing metrics
- Assist Operations Manager to perform cycle counting and maintain stock accuracy
- Analyze and reconcile variances, determining and solving root causes or issues
- Review and submit auto-generated purchase orders
- Ensure existing orders are delivered on time by monitoring all open orders and contacting vendors
- Manage supplier performance to meet cost, quality, and on-time objectives
- Source and carry out new vendor qualification activities
- Build and maintain excellent supplier relationships
- Negotiate with vendors to secure the best pricing, payment, and shipping terms
- Maintain and update ERP system information
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Purchasing experience from a manufacturing setting
- Associate degree in related field
- MSWD and Excel skills
- Computer savvy to learn new software
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and vehicle
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills
WHAT YOU GET:
- Casual / laid back environment
- Family atmosphere, smaller office – 15 office staff
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Holiday pay
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm (may consider other full time schedules)
Length: Direct Hire
Pay for the Buyer position: $50,000/yr.
Location: Verona, WI
Job ID: 140995
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.