Are you a Direct Hire – Legal / Administrative Assistant who has legal assistant experience? Are you a Direct Hire – Legal / Administrative Assistant who enjoys detailed work?
Our client is a law firm in the Fox Valley area.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Legal / Administrative Assistant, you will provide support to the lawyers with substantial legal work.
- Maintain an attorney’s calendar
- Schedule conferences, teleconferences, depositions, court appearances, meetings, and travel
- Monitor court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements
- Transcribe, compose, and type routine correspondence, memos, legal documents and pleadings for attorney review and revision
- Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout and make appropriate changes
- Establish, maintain and update filing system
- Generate revenue by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses
- Prepare billing statements
- File correspondence and legal documents in an office filing system
- E-file documents with state and federal courts and county offices
- Open and close files
- Open mail
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2+ years (preferably 3-5 years) of legal assistant experience
- Legal experience in the areas of litigation, personal injury and/or insurance defense is preferred
- MSWD, Excel and MS Outlook skills
- Strong and accurate typing skills
- Professional people skills and demeanor
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work well independently and hit the ground running
- Strong organizational skills
- Exercise sound judgement
- Maintain confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
WHAT YOU GET:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire or Direct Hire
Pay for the Legal / Administrative Assistant position: $18.00 – $27.00 / hr. – based on experience
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 140718
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.