Are you a Direct Hire – Payroll Specialist who has strong prioritizing and decision making skills? Are you a Direct Hire – Payroll Specialist who is looking for an opportunity with a company that offers great benefits?
Our client has been serving the Fox Valley area and consumers around the globe for over 100 years. Our client is a well-known manufacturing company that currently provides employment for over 1300 families in our community.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Payroll Specialist, you will process bi-weekly payroll for all salaried and hourly employees.
- Create and distribute internal financial reports, and send data feeds to third party vendors
- Reconcile and prepare funding requests for 401(k) and HSA accounts following each payroll
- Support the human resources information system
- Provide management with analysis to improve processes by reducing complexity and cost
- Process special payrolls
- Participate in identified projects, new payroll or time entry system migration or integration
- Administer wage garnishments, attachments, levies, etc.
- Ensure compliance with child support agencies, internal revenue and district courts
- Verify integrity of employee data by conducting frequent audits
- Create/distribute W2′ and perform entry of W2 adjustments
- Coordinate with bank to transfer completed payroll files
- Process daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Maintain departmental and plant seniority lists to track people movements, wage and schedule changes
- Monitor and maintain attendance and vacation records.
- Assist with audits and 401(k) administration
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3+ years of experience in a complex payroll environment is highly preferred
- Would consider a bachelor’s degree with one year of experience working in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws
- Fundamental of Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is preferred
- Experience doing payroll in a manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Union payroll experience is preferred
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Excel skills
- Experience with Workday and Kronos Payroll software and Electronic Time Tracking software is preferred
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong prioritizing skills to adhere to strict timelines/deadlines
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to work well independently
WHAT YOU GET:
- Work/life balance
- Wellness center
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid vacation
Hours: Full-time hours between 6:00am – 5:00pm
Length: Direct Hire
Pay for the Payroll Specialist position: Based on experience, contact us for details
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 140775
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.