Are you an Estate & Trust Administrative Assistant who works well with numbers? Are you an Estate & Trust Administrative Assistant who is looking for an opportunity within a solid & stable company that offers great benefits?
Our client is an independent, privately owned company that provides high quality trust and custody services to clients.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As an Estate & Trust Administrative Assistant, you will provide post death administration.
- Gather asset information
- Collect beneficiary contact information
- Assist officers with new account pre-acceptance protocols and new beneficiary mailings
- Change mailing addresses
- Stop any automatic deposits and distributions to/from decedent accounts
- Contact credit reporting agencies
- Process incoming mail, monitor daily account transactions, account balances, pay bills/expenses and process distributions
- Assist with contacting financial institutions
- Determine/value assets as of date of death and schedule appointments with appraisers as necessary
- Assist with safeguarding and maintaining physical assets by traveling to personal residences & banks to close safe deposit boxes
- Contact credit card companies, utility & service providers, insurance companies, funeral homes, etc to close accounts
- Obtain refunds of unused health care and other insurance premiums, pre-paid or overpaid accounts, payment of account rewards, etc.
- Prepare and send correspondence to beneficiaries
- Communicate with attorneys and paralegals on legal matters and/or probate court proceedings, real estate transfers, etc.
- Coordinate final asset/cash distributions to beneficiaries or successor fiduciaries
- Gather all tax information necessary to complete any final returns
- Support officers as secondary contact for beneficiaries, attorneys, investment advisors, accountants and others
- Assist with shared responsibilities for the office
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Administrative or executive administrative assistant, office manager, banking, finance and/or mortgage experience
- Bill pay, light accounting or finance knowledge
- Financial documents, wills, stocks & bonds experience a plus
- MSWD & Excel skills
- Strong numbers capability
- Professional communication skills
WHAT YOU GET:
- Fantastic work environment with great people
- Solid & stable company
- Great opportunity to learn a new industry and work for a growing co
- Potential opportunity for growth
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
Pay for the Estate Trust Administrative Assistant position: $20.00-$22.00/hr. based on experience
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 141595
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.