Are you a Medical Billing & Coding Specialist who has outstanding people skills? Are you a Medical Billing & Coding Specialist who is looking for an opportunity with a lot of variety?
Our client is an independent practice that has been providing personal care and clinical excellence in the Fox Valley for almost 50 years. They are a private, physician-owned practice, which provides state-of-the-art equipment and is committed to their community.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Medical Billing & Coding Specialist, you will assign the correct codes as well as advise staff on proper code selection and submit claims to payment sources, including Medicaid and Medicare.
- Prepare electronic and paper claims using Epic
- Maintain communication with patients and third party payer until accounts are paid
- Post payments to patient accounts
- Verify insurance reimbursements for accuracy
- Contact insurance companies regarding discrepancies/denials
- Coordinate collection processes
- Manage daily statement processes
- Administer auto-pay
- Handle patient, staff and insurance company inquiries
- Oversee patient accounts and process refunds
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Medical coding experience and/or coding certification
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and ICD-10, ANSI coding systems preferred
- Associate degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Medical Billing or a related field preferred
- Coding certificate ideal
- MSWD & Excel skills a plus
- Epic experience
- Professional people skills, compassionate and a positive attitude
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
WHAT YOU GET:
- Established and well respected health care provider
- Work is very steady with a lot of variety
- 4 day work weeks
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Hours: 36-38 hours per week between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm. Contact us for additional details.
Length: Temporary-to-Hire or Direct Hire
Pay for the Medical Billing & Coding Specialist position: Based on experience
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 142071
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.