Are you a Medical Front Office Associate who loves a fast-paced environment? Are you a Medical Front Office Associate wants Friday’s off?
Our client specializes in medical screening.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Medical Front Office Associate, you will handle registration as well as scheduling and insurance.
- Greet and check-in patients, register demographic information and process payment plans and copays
- Answer phones and fields calls for associates
- Liaison between technologists and patients waiting for exams
- Relay messages regarding scanner status and other clinic information
- Maintain front office lobby area by straightening magazines, organizing coffee supplies and assisting with general office clean up
- Order office supplies as needed
- Maintain supply of patient information sheets
- Complete confirmation calls and provide preparation instructions to patient
- Fax reports, billing information, and medical release forms as requested
- Schedule patients and enter orders
- Maintain current and accurate database on all current and potential referring Physicians
- Maintain accurate patient records within radiology information system
- Maintain current and accurate pending-scheduling list
- Check exams for pre-certification with patient’s insurance company
- Use knowledge of insurance carriers and procedures that require waivers to obtain authorization if needed prior to appointment
- Handle release of information requests for patients, referring offices, other medical facilities, attorneys & insurance companies following company guidelines
- Assist with arranging interpreter services, transportation and hotel accommodations for patients when appropriate
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Customer service experience working in a medical office/clinic
- Medical terminology experience
- HIPAA and safety guidelines experience
- Scheduling in a medical office/clinic experience preferred
- Comfortable with computers to learn industry specific software program
- Organizational and prioritizing skills
- Solid follow through with assignments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a very fast-paced environment while juggling multiple tasks
- Deliver high quality customer service to internal and external customers by communicating with integrity and compassion
- Remain calm in difficult situations
WHAT YOU GET:
- Company is fully committed to the idea that customers/patients are #1
- Several high customer service ratings in their industry
- Personal/family feel
- Health insurance
Hours: 4 –10 hour days: Mon and Wed 6:30am – 5:00pm & Tues and Thurs 8:30am – 7:00pm
Length: Long Term Temporary
Pay for the Medical Front Office Associate position: $19.00 / hr.
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 140890
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.