Are you a Patient Services Representative who has excellent customer service skills? Are you a Patient Services Representative who is looking for a career opportunity within a small team environment?
Our client has been providing high quality medical care to the Fox Valley for over 40 years. Their friendly staff offers comprehensive, specialized treatment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Patient Services Representative, you will greet and check patients in and out.
- Instruct new patients in completion of medical history and information forms
- Update patient demographic and insurance information in computer system
- Manage patient flow by providing timely check-in procedures upon arrival and promptly notifying medical support staff of patient arrival
- Make copies of patients’ insurance cards
- Receive payments for services and issue patient receipts
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Make reminder calls for upcoming appointments
- Call patients with incoming referrals to schedule appointments
- Prepare new patient electronic charts
- Manage patient wait list
- Record when appointments have been missed or cancelled
- Process incoming mail and packages
- Open and close the office
- Protect patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Customer service skills
- Receptionist, office assistant, etc. experience is preferred
- Medical terminology knowledge is a plus
- Medical coding, (medical) insurance verification, billing and/or collections experience is a plus
- Associate degree in a related field is preferred
- MSWD and Excel skills
- Strong and accurate typing skills
- Must be comfortable doing research on the internet
- Experience working an EMR is a plus
- Professional, positive and friendly
- Excellent customer service skills
- Extremely high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to switch gears and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Career-driven and strong work ethic
WHAT YOU GET:
- Small team environment
- Vacation pay
- Sick pay
Hours: Full and part time schedules available! Rotating shifts 7:45am-4:15pm, 8:00am-4:30pm & 8:30-5:00pm & Thursdays until 7:00pm. Contact us for additional details.
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Patient Services Representative position: $15.50-$16.50/hr. based on experience
Job ID: 140955
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.