Are you a Patient Services Representative who wants to get your foot in the door with a medical based facility? Are you a Patient Services Representative who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and has good decision making skills?
Our client provides services to the Fox Valley and is dedicated to improving lives.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Patient Services Representative, you will handle a variety of duties.
- Registration / scheduling responsibilities:
- Welcome clients on the phone and in person
- Check in clients, schedule and reschedule appointments, coordinate multiple appointments
- Verify client information including insurance and demographics prior to or upon check-in
- Ensure necessary questionnaires are complete for client visits
- Update appropriate clinical team for situations when a client cannot be
- Cashier functions including the collection of co-payments and self-pay balance payments, voiding payments
- Researching payment issues
- Compile office charts for appointments
- Call center responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls, identify the need of the caller and document messages
- Triage calls for clients
- Route emergency calls to the nursing and/or case management team
- Enter phone messages into the computer and send to appropriate clinical staff
- Provide counseling to client or their guardian regarding pre-service requirements and instructions
- Prior authorization responsibilities:
- Check authorizations from clinicians to ensure correct sessions are authorized before transmittal
- Keep clinicians and billing representatives informed of changes in the authorization process
- Educates clients and team members regarding referral and authorization requirements, payer coverage, eligibility guidelines, documentation requirements, and insurance related changes or trends
- Assist clinicians in distributing treatment plan to insurance companies
- Notify clients and providers of services requests and/or referred that are no authorized by insurance
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have 1 + year office experience – front desk, office assistant, administrative assistant, customer service bill or call center
- Experience working in the medical industry is preferred
- Experience working with children is preferred
- Mental health experience is preferred
- MSWD and Excel skills
- Experience using Epic software is preferred
- Ability to learn quickly in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Must be comforting, compassionate, patient and able stay calm through all situations, including emergency
- Patient, kind, caring and compassionate
- Ability to multi-task and be solution focused
- Strong decision making skills
- Team oriented and positive attitude
- Ability to be efficient and detailed
WHAT YOU GET:
- Helping children with mental illness
- Great staff that is team oriented
- Pleasant environment with an open door policy
Hours: 40 hours per week. Office Hours are 7:00am – 5:30pm, Monday until 7:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire or Direct Hire
Pay for the Patient Services Representative position: $16.00 / hr.
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 139301
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.