Are you a Payroll Manager who has multi-state payroll experience? Are you a Payroll Manager who is looking for a leadership position?
Our client is a well-established company and a leading supplier in their industry. They are committed to continuous improvement and innovation to meet their customers’ needs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing payroll processing, garnishments/child support and US and Canadian payroll taxes.
- Supervise payroll functions to ensure payroll processing and tax payments are completed efficiently
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state agencies regarding payroll processing, tax withholding, reporting and payments
- Identify improvement initiatives and make recommendations to make processes more efficient
- Provide data needed to support business needs and payroll analysis
- Maintain human resources systems relating to payroll and tax
- Configure plans for needed upgrades and acquisitions including researching system issues and/or testing
- Provide troubleshooting assistance as questions arise from other business partners within the company
- Assist with implementing and managing the relationships with contracted vendors used in the payroll department
- Create and maintain documentation for new and changing processes and back up the payroll processing
- Manage audits for employment tax and workers compensation
- Implement best practices for payroll processing accuracy, tax payments, automated workflows, timekeeping, etc.
- Oversee and audit all federal, state and local employment tax returns on a quarterly basis
- Manage the Payroll Supervisor and Tax Analyst to offer coaching, guidance and support
- Train and support Human Resources and Finance on payroll and tax related processes
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 5+ years of payroll processing experience for the United States and Canada
- Experience working with payroll management and tax processes with a multi-state employer
- Knowledge of payroll principles, wage and hour laws, tax laws and SOX compliance in the US and international employment law in Canada
- Management experience
- Acquisition/divestiture experience highly preferred
- Experience with multi-currency payrolls preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- APA certified payroll professional is a plus
- Excel skills
- Workday and Kronos Workforce Central experience preferred
- Motivate, coach and develop a team
- Work well with a variety of personality
- Build and maintain relationships with internal teams
- Process improvement motivated
- Handle highly confidential information
- Driving distance of Green Bay, WI
WHAT YOU GET:
- Work for a large, well-known company
- Growth and learning opportunities
- Possibilities to advance your career
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Wellness resources
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Vacation pay
- Tuition reimbursement
Length: Direct Hire
Pay for the Payroll Manager position: Based on experience. Contact us for details.
Location: Green Bay, WI. Hybrid schedule option available. Must live within driving distance of Green Bay, WI.
Job ID: 140991
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.