Are you a Purchasing Agent who has excellent customer service & relationship building skills? Are you a Purchasing Agent who enjoys detailed work?
Our client is a metal fabrication company committed to providing excellent customer service and quality.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Purchasing Agent, you will receive in and process department requisitions as well as prepare and process purchase orders.
- Solicit bids and quotes from vendors and prepare bid specifications
- Negotiate prices, terms, compare costs and quality of materials
- Select vendors and prepare purchase recommendations
- Maintain vendor relationships for substitutions, equivalents, delivery schedules and vendor problems
- Expedite deliveries and stay up to date on new products and current pricing
- Administer contracts for Purchasing
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Purchasing experience preferred
- Will consider a recent Associate degree in Business or a Purchasing related degree
- Manufacturing industry experience a plus
- MSWD, Excel and Outlook skills
- Excellent customer service & relationship building skills
- Ability to negotiate
- Detailed & accurate
- Flexible and adapt well to change
- Desire to learn and help the company succeed
- Team player
WHAT YOU GET:
- Great staff longevity
- Variety in the position
- Company that prides themselves on having a family feel
- Opportunity to learn more as you grow in the position
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
Hours: 44 hours per week Monday-Thursday 7:00am-4:30pm & Friday 7:00am-3:30pm (over 40 hours will get paid overtime)
Pay for the Purchasing Agent position: $20.00-$27.00/hr. based on experience
Location: Green Bay, WI
Job ID: 142334
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.