Are you a Purchasing / Buyer Agent who has strong problem solving and decision making skills? Are you a Purchasing / Buyer Agent who is looking for a Direct Hire opportunity?
Our client is an engineering and manufacturing company in the Madison area.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Purchasing / Buyer Agent, you will be managing all aspects of placing purchase orders; creating, sending, confirmations and delivery status for raw materials.
- Order and manage material returns
- Oversee several supplier programs and various annual renewal contracts
- Utilize an Epicor ERP system
- Review all material purchases, maintenance requisitions and order accordingly
- Ensure the prompt purchase of materials, parts and components
- Balance cost, delivery and quality
- Process annual renewal service contracts required by various operating committees
- Be the back up to the Manufacturing and Purchasing Managers
- Assist with any other duties assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have 3 years of purchasing experience
- Any shipping and receiving experience is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints is a plus
- Education beyond high school is ideal
- Basic skillset in MSWD and intermediate in Excel
- Must have experience with an ERP system
- Self-driven and motivated
- Friendly, personable and easy going
- Ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service and people skills
- Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Strong and effective communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving skills and good decision-making skills
- Strong work ethic and team player
WHAT YOU GET:
- Very busy office
- Opportunity to become owner/member and share in profits
- Motivating environment
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
Hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Length: Direct Hire
Pay for the Purchasing / Buyers Agent position: Based on experience, contact us for details
Location: Madison, WI
Job ID: 138606
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.