Are you a Remote – Payroll Tax / Support Assistant who has excellent follow through and problem solving skills? Are you a Remote – Payroll Tax / Support Assistant who lives in Wisconsin and looking for a remote opportunity?
Our client is a well-established company and a leading supplier in their industry. They are committed to continuous improvement and innovation to meet their customers’ needs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Payroll Tax / Support Assistant, you will audit, review and analyze company payroll tax deposits and returns for federal, state, and local agencies.
- Research and resolve tax notices and mitigate potential penalties and interest
- Set up new state and local tax jurisdictions as needed
- Maintain tax spreadsheet for in quarter processing
- Address payroll inbox items related to tax
- Maintain tax rate notices in 3rd party applications
- Support US/Canada payroll operations with regular communications of payroll tax procedures
- Ensure payroll tax deposits and returns filed by 3rd party vendors are completed and compliant with federal, state and local tax laws
- State corrections with agency or in payroll system
- Review workday software change report and error correction report
- Assist in management of overall payroll processing
- Any other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must live in the state of Wisconsin
- 3-5+ years of experience in general payroll working with tax support
- Knowledge of tax law compliance and payroll tax accounting
- Experience with multi-state tax is a huge plus
- MSWD and Excel skills
- Experience with Workday Software is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detailed
- Excellent follow-through and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to think logically, problem solve and grasp concepts quickly
- Must be a go-getter and able to adapt to change
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Strong work ethic
WHAT YOU GET:
- Work for a large, well-known company
- Growth and learning opportunities
- Possibilities to advance your career
- Health insurance
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Pay for the Payroll Tax / Support Assistant position: Based on experience, contact us for details
Location: Madison, WI- remote position must live in Wisconsin
Job ID: 140086
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.