In 1994, just two months after starting our business, I had the opportunity to interview Bill.
Bill came to Cadre (we were named Premier Staffing back in the day) seeking accounting and data entry-related positions. I was very excited that he had sought us out, as I knew his skills and work ethic would be assets our clients were looking for.
Fast-forward 25+ years. Bill continues to work for Cadre, and he was kind enough to answer some questions about the staffing industry to share with our readers.
1. You have worked through Cadre on and off for over 25 years. What drew you to seeking employment via the staffing industry?
I was applying for jobs but not even getting very many interviews so I thought getting work through a staffing service would work for me. And it did.
2. What advice would you give job seekers about utilizing a staffing service for employment?
Take a position even if it isn’t your dream job. It looks good on your resume to have consistent employment with few gaps.
3. You have seen the staffing industry evolve over the years. What are the positive changes you have seen over the last 25 years?
I like receiving a written description of the job posting by email as well as hearing about it over the phone. They’re much more detailed than they used to be.
4. What are the 3 most important attributes a candidate should look for when selecting a staffing service to work with?
I would prefer one that’s been in business for a long time like Cadre. One that has office employees that have been there a long time like Cadre. And most importantly, one that can find you a lot of work like Cadre.
5. Describe your experience working with Cadre.
It’s been great. My staffing supervisor keeps me informed about open positions when I’m looking for work. If I have questions or concerns about a position I don’t hesitate to ask. Whether that’s for an assignment I haven’t accepted yet or one that I’m currently working at. The people at Cadre that I’ve worked with are always friendly and always professional.
Thank you, Bill, for taking the time to answer some questions and for being such a great employee! We thank you for all of your hard work and dedication over the years!
Those of you who have chosen an administrative professional career should be proud of the work you do, because it matters. Cadre cares about the work you do; when we say “we work for you”, we mean it!
Wishing all Cadre employees – both present and past – a Happy Administrative Professionals’ Day!