Welcome to the first Friday of the New Year!
Did anyone else set New Year’s resolutions, only to waver by the end of the first week? (My younger brother shared with me that he went to the gym on 1/1 and it was packed. The next day, hardly anyone was there.)
It happens to the best of us; we have great intentions but have the potential to quickly revert to old habits. (WHY did I eat all that cherry cheese torte last night?)
In the spirit of pushing forward into the New Year together, here are six quotes to inspire us to keep moving forward!
In no particular order:
- Every moment is a fresh beginning. ~ T.S. Eliot
- With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. ~ C.S. Lewis
- I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. ~ Thomas Jefferson
- The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are. ~ J.P. Morgan
- The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new. ~ Socrates
One week down in 2023, and 51 to go. We’ve got this!
Happy New Year to all!