Are you a Medical Records / Office Assistant who excellent customer service skills? Are you a Medical Records / Office Assistant who is looking for an opportunity with a company that offers great benefits?
Our client is dedicated to providing quality patient care. They are a family-focused company that truly appreciates their staff.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Medical Records / Office Assistant, you will process medical records requests and forms from insurance companies, Attorneys, patients, Physicians, Therapists, etc.
- Provide insurance and claim information to Physicians, patients and workers compensation carriers
- Process workers compensation forms
- Verification of authorization
- Charge entry for disability forms and medical records processing
- Charge entry for medical records requests
- Handle incoming calls from insurance companies, attorneys, patients, doctor and therapy offices
- Operate computer to process, store and retrieve health information
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Experience from within a fast-paced office setting preferably in a medical records/health information technology role
- Excellent professional phone etiquette and customer service skills
- Basic medical terminology and general anatomy knowledge is preferred
- Schooling beyond high school is highly preferred
- Computer savvy with the ability to learn new software quickly
- Comfortable working on the computer all day
- Copying, scanning and faxing
- Strong and accurate typing skills
- MSWD and Excel skills
- Friendly and outgoing
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm under high stress/pressure in a very fast-paced environment
- Initiative to ask for more to do when needed
- Adhere to OSHA, HIPAA and Medicare guidelines
- Ability to work independently along with supporting a team as needed
- Strong work ethic
- Good attendance and job stability
WHAT YOU GET:
- Family-focused company
- Company that provides exceptional customer service and quality care
- The owners truly appreciate their staff and provide many benefits for them
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Sick days
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Medical Records / Office Assistant position: $17.00 / hr.
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 140520
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.